We are using threejs to develop some 3D scenes in WebGL. We often find ourselves with geometries that have vertices in 5/6 figures (say anywhere between 50K to 200K vertices). The thing is these geometries are built using primitive threejs geometries (e.g Spheres and TubeGeometry).
So my question is are there know techniques that can be applied to reduced the number of vertices but still maintaining reasonable quality in geometries? Here are couple of examples geometries as a example.
- A merged geometry of 30/35 spheres e.g with THREE.SphereGeometry( 30, 13, 13 );
- A grid of TubeGeometries forming cloth like structure. something like the image below:
I am hoping threejs (or experts working with 3D engine like Unity) can provide some inputs on ways to reduce vertices on these geometries.
- Related Entry :
- [4Shared] – threejs: optimize vertices and faces
- [Indowebster] – threejs: optimize vertices and faces
- [Mediafire] – threejs: optimize vertices and faces
- [Mega] – threejs: optimize vertices and faces
- [Torrent] – threejs: optimize vertices and faces
- [Google Drive] – threejs: optimize vertices and faces